Saturday, March 22, 2008

Proofing and PR Work

With the full interior formatting of my book now in hand, I am painstakingly working through my last proofing of the manuscript. I have to say, it is mentally tiring and emotionally taxing to scrutinize one's own work in this way. But, man--is it worth it!

With the intention to return the corrections to Cold Tree's designer by Monday, we will launch ourselves into the final three weeks of pulling everything together!

While taking a break between proofing sessions today, Ellie and I attended a book signing event at Llama Llama books here in Bozeman. This is the locally owned bookstore where I am scheduled to do my first event on May 17th. The author, Brian Khan of Yellowstone Public Radio

While I had hoped, a week ago, to convince Brian that I would make a fantastic guest on his Tuesday evening show, Home Ground, I ended up just appreciating my ten minute visit with him, and the advice he freely shared with me about the book publishing business. Best of all, Ellie now has her very own, signed copy of Tess's book, and she discovered in the process, that the canine author loves listening to a five-year-old sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "Rock-a-Bye Doggy."
(our local NPR affiliate), and his dog Tess were there to promote their book, Training People. Having been in communication with Brian via email in the preceding weeks, I wanted to show my support for his book promotion effort. And, of course, I wanted to meet Tess.

1 comment:

Tic$$ said...

Way to go!!! I cannot wait to go to the signing